Sweden, renowned for its global prominence in innovation and exceptional performance, presents a vibrant professional environment. The region is widely recognized for its innovative sectors, inclusive work environment, and commitment to sustainable practices, making it an exceptional platform for individuals to advance professionally and make significant contributions on a global scale.
Sweden work visa
The Sweden work visa encompasses various opportunities, ranging from engaging in professional endeavors within esteemed fields to immersing oneself in a society that prioritizes well-being.
In certain nations, individuals from specific countries are required to possess both a work permit and a visa for employment durations shorter than three months. For further information regarding visas, it is advisable to reach out to the Swedish embassy or consulate-general.
Sweden work visa eligibility
Individuals who hold citizenship in the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA), and Switzerland are exempt from the requirement of obtaining an employment visa in order to engage in work activities inside the borders of Sweden.
In the context of employment in Sweden, individuals who are not citizens of European Union member states are often required to submit an application for a work visa. Nevertheless, it is important to note that there are certain limited circumstances in which this requirement does not apply. Young adults between the ages of 18 and 30 hailing from Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, and South Korea have the opportunity to submit an application for a working holiday visa, which grants them the ability to engage in employment activities for a duration of up to one year. However, individuals from nations that have a visa requirement must acquire a work permit in order to secure employment in Sweden.
Despite this, a work visa is not required if:
- you have a permanent residence permit.
- you have a residence permit for study purposes.
- you have a special residence permit to work as a researcher.
- you are an asylum seeker and have an AT-UND (exemption from being obligated to hold a work permit).
Sweden’s work visa requirements
In order to acquire a work visa, it is necessary to fulfill the following requirements:
- If the employment contract is written in a language other than English or Swedish, it is necessary to have it translated and signed by both parties. It is imperative to include an appended copy of the original document.
- It is imperative to possess a valid passport.
- The individual should get a remuneration that is comparable to the rates established in Swedish collective agreements or that aligns with the prevailing standards within the respective occupation or industry. Additionally, the work should provide sufficient financial means for self-sustainability. To fulfill this support need, it is necessary to engage in work activities that yield a monthly remuneration of no less than SEK 13,000 prior to tax deductions.
- When commencing employment, it is common for employers to offer insurance coverage encompassing health, life, employment, and pension benefits. Additionally, in situations when an individual is acting on behalf of the applicant, a power of attorney may be granted.
The requirements that pertain to an employer or the conditions for obtaining a work visa in Sweden can be accessed by clicking on this link.
It is important to acknowledge that specific professions and individuals from certain nations are subjected to distinct legislation and additional or varying requirements while seeking employment in Sweden.
Sweden work visa without job offer
Individuals who have successfully fulfilled the requirements for an advanced degree are eligible to submit an application for a resident visa. This permit enables individuals to go to Sweden for the purpose of seeking employment opportunities or exploring the feasibility of establishing their own entrepreneurial ventures. In this particular circumstance, a maximum time frame of nine months can be allocated.
During the duration of your residency permit, it is not permissible for your family to relocate to Sweden and reside with you. In the event that an individual secures employment in Sweden within the duration of their permission, they possess the opportunity to submit an application for a work permit from within the nation.
Sweden work visa sponsorship
The process of obtaining a work visa sponsorship in Sweden necessitates a cooperative effort between the individual seeking the visa and a prospective employer. Upon being presented with a job offer, the employer initiates the process of applying for a work permit on behalf of the prospective employee, thereby substantiating the necessity of the individual’s specialized skills and knowledge. Upon receiving approval, individuals have the opportunity to commence their professional trajectory, utilizing their unique skill set to contribute to the labor force in Sweden, all the while experiencing the remarkable standard of living that the country offers.
Sweden work visa application
The following are the procedural steps involved in the application process for a work visa in Sweden:
- The work permit application in Sweden is initiated by the employer through the provision of employment facts. The required information encompasses personal details such as one’s full name, date of birth, nationality, educational background, and email contact.
- It is imperative to maintain continuous access to the designated email account during the entirety of the application procedure, since the Swedish Migration Agency will utilize this medium for all forms of communication.
- Upon the submission of employment information by your employer, you will be notified via email of the subsequent steps to be taken in the application process for the work permit.
- Please finalize the application by furnishing your personal details. It is imperative to ensure that the employment conditions align with the mutually agreed-upon agreements between the employee and the employer.
- If an individual’s family follows them to Sweden, it is advisable to apply for their visas concurrently. It is imperative to take into consideration the maintenance need when inviting family members.
- In the majority of instances, a fee is required, which can be paid using either a Visa or Mastercard. Once the payment has been made, please proceed with the submission of your application. Both you and your employer will receive a confirmation of submission through email. If additional information is required, the Migration Agency will contact the individual.
- In order to make a determination, the Swedish Migration Agency necessitates the authentication of your passport. In order to comply with the necessary requirements, individuals are advised to present their passport at a Swedish embassy, consulate-general, or a Migration Agency service facility, contingent upon their geographical location.
Subsequently, the Migration Agency undertakes the processing of your application and subsequently communicates its decision to you.
Sweden work visa processing time
The processing period for a work visa application to Sweden typically ranges from one to three months subsequent to the submission of all necessary documentation. The duration of the waiting period may vary depending on the specific type of work permit being sought, as well as the method of application submission, whether it be online or in person.
Sweden work visa fees
The expenses associated with a work visa for Sweden vary depending on the specific type of visa being applied for, as well as the country of the applicant. It is imperative to refer to the official embassy website in order to obtain precise and current information regarding visa fees prior to submitting an application.
Application fees for Sweden work visa for employees:
|Work permit||SEK 2,200|
|EU Blue Card, ICT permit, seasonal work||SEK 2,000|
|Extension of work permit||SEK 2,200|
|Residence permit for highly qualified persons to look for work or start a business||SEK 2,200|
Sweden work visa validity
The permit is authorized for a duration of up to two years. Subsequently, there exists the possibility of extending the aforementioned duration by an additional span of two years, following which individuals may proceed to initiate the application process for permanent residency. In the event that an individual submits their application prior to the expiration of their existing permit, they will be permitted to continue their employment throughout the interim period while awaiting a decision.
In the event of a change in employment, it may be necessary to apply for a new work permit, as the existing work permit is contingent upon the specific employer and occupation specified in the decision. The official website provides extensive information about the validity of a work visa in Sweden for various scenarios.